The RecyClass Recycling Process Certification is issued to waste management processes recycling waste into products. The Certification ensures transparent, traceable, origin of the waste as defined in EN 15343:2007 and its recycling into a new raw material following a segregation or controlled blending, chain of custody
model as per definitions included in ISO 22095:2020.
The aim of this Certification is to recognise plastic Recycling Processes for post-consumer waste operating according to the requirements set forth in the Recycling Process Conformity Assessment Scheme. Certification against this Audit Scheme allows Recyclers to demonstrate their contribution to the waste management of plastics and transparently communicate the origin of the waste. The certification of the Recycling Process is the point of origin audit for the chain of custody of recycled plastics. Certified Organisations provide trust to all plastics value chain actors for a continuous increase of the use of recycled plastics.
The certification validates all of Greentech's operating sites on the following criteria:
· Operational and environmental permits required for the country of operation.
· Staff training, qualifications and organisation.
· Incoming material procedures and controls.
· Stock Management.
· Recycling Process and associated mass balance calculation.
· Controls on recycled outputs.
· Environmental protection.
· Quality Management and traceability.
The RecyClass scheme focuses on:
· Traceability of plastic materials in supply chain and throughout the recycling process.
· Transparency through the integration of diverse audit schemes into a common scheme.
· Best practice to allow recyclers to demonstrate the fulfilment of REACH and food contact compliance.
Assessment of conformity and recycled content quality in finished product (assessment of recycled output is based on the various EN Standards developed for the characterisation of plastic recyclate).
The goal of RecyClass is to promote environmentally friendly plastics recycling through standardization. An RecyClass certification marks the increase in the transparency of the European plastics industry as well as the integration of different testing systems into a common EU harmonized system. The RecyClass certificate is subject to review and renewal on an annual basis, and we are excited to not only grow with RecyClass accreditation, but to see to what new heights we can reach in the recycled plastics industry and in sustainable plastic consumption practices.