EuCertPlast is a certification program for plastic waste recycling in Europe. It validates the compliance of the operational standards of plastic recycling processes and their quality levels and confirms that all recyclable plastic waste is recycled via an environmentally friendly process. The certification program focuses on the traceability of plastic materials (throughout the recycling process and the entire supply chain) and on the quality of the recycled content in the final product.
The certification validates Greenrech Plastics on the following criteria:
· Operational and environmental permits required for the country of operation.
· Staff training, qualifications and organisation.
· Incoming material procedures and controls.
· Stock Management.
· Recycling Process and associated mass balance calculation.
· Controls on recycled outputs.
· Environmental protection.
· Quality Management and traceability.
The EuCertPlast scheme focuses on:
· Traceability of plastic materials in supply chain and throughout the recycling process.
· Transparency through the integration of diverse audit schemes into a common scheme.
· Best practice to allow recyclers to demonstrate the fulfilment of REACH and food contact compliance.
Assessment of conformity and recycled content quality in finished product (assessment of recycled output is based on the various EN Standards developed for the characterisation of plastic recyclate).
The goal of EuCertPlast is to promote environmentally friendly plastics recycling through standardization. An EuCertPlast certification marks the increase in the transparency of the European plastics industry as well as the integration of different testing systems into a common EU harmonized system. The EuCertPlast certificate is subject to review and renewal on an annual basis, and we are excited to not only grow with EuCertPlast accreditation, but to see to what new heights we can reach in the recycled plastics industry and in sustainable plastic consumption practices.